Fire Loss Attorneys
Fire damage? Total loss from fire? Smoke damage?
Talk to a lawyer.
If your home or business burns down, the loss can be devastating. In addition to the building, there are the contents, destroyed by fire or damaged by smoke. But the worst problem in many cases of fire loss is dealing with the insurance company, the people who said they would take care of you and your family in the event of a fire.
From Patrick Cotter: “My siblings and I suffered the loss of our family home in a fire. I know how it feels to lose so much – and I know what it’s like when the insurance company questions those losses. If you have suffered a fire loss, I want to help. The insurance company investigator is not on your side. At Sieben & Cotter, we will be.”
Protect your rights
If they are questioning your honesty, asking you to sign a document or asking you to give a deposition under oath, make sure you are represented by a lawyer who will protect your rights.
- Are they questioning how much your property was worth?
- Are they asking for proof of the contents, and what they were worth?
- Have they asked questions about your financial situation? Are they requesting years of data about your finances?
- Are they asking where you were when the fire started?
- Are they questioning other people about you and the contents of your home or business?
The investigator is looking for reasons to deny or limit your claim. They may even be trying to accuse you of arson or fraud—and they will give any “evidence” they find to police. You need an experienced lawyer to represent you and ensure you are treated fairly.
Know and protect your rights. We are here to help you.
Do not hesitate to call. Fire loss, fire damage and smoke damage are devastating. You do not have to deal with the insurance company, their investigators and lawyers alone. We are prepared to offer you experienced counsel.