Tom Sieben was born and raised in Hastings, Minnesota. He is a third-generation lawyer in the Sieben family and devotes his practice to representing individuals. Tom graduated from St. John’s University in 1999 and from William Mitchell College of Law in 2002. He is admitted to the bar in Minnesota and in Minnesota federal courts. Tom was inspired to represent individuals while he was in law school and working for the Ramsey County Public Defender as a student attorney. He has successfully represented hundreds of clients throughout Minnesota, with trials in Hennepin, Washington, Dakota, Morrison, Ramsey, Wright, Chisago, Stearns, Blue Earth, Winona, Lac Qui Parle, Koochiching, Dodge, Isanti, Carver, Aitkin, Crow Wing, Itasca, Lake, Yellow Medicine, Scott, Anoka, Sherburne, Goodhue Counties, and Barron and Dunn Counties, Wisconsin. “I love what I do. I love this system. Our rights are vital and I fight hard to protect them.”
Tom is a past member of the Minnesota Rules of Criminal Procedure committee. Prior to that, Tom taught trial skills as an adjunct professor at the University of St. Thomas law school for several years. He has been a volunteer speaker at local schools to speak about criminal law and the work of a trial attorney.
- Saint John’s University, B.A., 1999
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 2002
- State of Minnesota, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota, 2002
- United States District Court, District of North Dakota, 2012
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers, Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine, 2014-2019
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Attorney, The National Trial Lawyers, 2014-present
- Selected to Rising Stars, Law & Politics Magazine, 2005-2012
- Past Member, Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Adjunct Professor, University of Saint Thomas School of Law, 2008-11
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Dakota County Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Association for Justice
Call for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Call my office at 651-455-1555 or my cell at 651-442-2367 to arrange your free and comprehensive consultation, or send me a request for more information.