Wrongful Death Attorneys
When someone’s negligence causes death…
Death is never easy to accept, but it is especially difficult when the death could have been avoided. When death is caused by someone’s carelessness or criminal negligence, the family deserves answers, justice and financial compensation.
Wrongful death can be a result of drunken assault, drunk driving, failure to maintain safe premises, construction accidents, or car accidents. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness, we will listen carefully to your case and vigorously pursue compensation.
Finding the answers in a wrongful death
- Our first step in every case is to preserve the evidence—photos, videos, witness statements, forensic evidence
- We will guide you through the process of naming a person, usually the next of kin, to represent the estate of the victim
- We will listen to your story and get to know your family so that we can fully understand and appreciate the losses you have suffered
- We will investigate the circumstances that resulted in your loved one’s death, and identify all liable parties
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many variables that can go in to determining the specific damages for your case. Some of the most common factors include:
• A decedent’s past financial contributions.
• Life expectancy of the decedent at the time of death.
• The health condition of the decedent at the time of death.
• The decedent’s age, habits, and occupation.
• The past and potential future earnings of the decedent.
For an intentional act constituting murder under Minnesota law, a lawsuit may be filed any time after the death of the decedent. For any other action the lawsuit may be filed any time within three years of the decedent’s death, but in any event, must be commenced within six years of the date of the incident or act causing the death.
The surviving spouse, children or one of the next of kin may be appointed as a trustee by the court to bring a wrongful death action. Determining the persons entitled to bring this type of action in any one particular case can be a complicated question. It is important to consult with an attorney about the specific circumstances of your case.
Wrongful Death is generally when a person’s death is caused by another’s wrongful act or negligence. A wrongful death action is a lawsuit against the person or persons who caused the wrongful death. The lawsuit may be filed by the family members of the deceased who have lost his/her company and financial support.
The importance of hiring an experienced lawyer
A wrongful death investigation should begin as quickly as possible, when evidence and memories are fresh. I will visit your home, the victim’s workplace and friends and produce a video that describes a life and your losses.
Your family has suffered great losses—from the tangible loss of income and services to the intangible loss of love, support and companionship. In dealing with an insurance company or talking to a jury, we will walk in the shoes of your family to tell your story.
Our goal—justice and fair compensation for the victim’s family
If a loved one has suffered a wrongful death, we are here to listen and fight for just compensation. Contact us for a free consultation. There is no charge for a wrongful death case until we make a recovery for you.