Truck Accident Attorneys
Personal Injury Attorneys, Minneapolis and Saint Paul MN
Thorough investigation leads to fair compensation
Truck accidents are different from accidents that only involve cars, SUVs and small trucks. It is important to have a personal injury lawyer who has the investigative resources and legal skills to ensure the best possible outcome in terms of financial compensation. Semi trucks operate on our roads and highways under a different set of rules for very good reasons. They are far heavier than other vehicles on the road, so they are likely to cause far greater injuries. The truck may also be owned and operated by different entities.
Call 651-455-1555 today to schedule a comprehensive consultation at no charge to you. We will listen to your story carefully and help you determine your options and an appropriate course of action.
Investigating truck accidents and helping clients
- As your attorneys, our first steps will be to preserve the evidence and launch a thorough investigation
- Many trucks—especially large 18-wheeler tractor-trailers and tanker trucks – operate under state and national regulations, and our investigators know the regulations and know when federal law preempts state law
- Injuries tend to be worse in trucking accidents, up to and including wrongful death, and serious injury requires the highest possible compensation
- More insurance may be available in a truck accident, and it is essential to pursue all possible avenues, including the truck owner, the truck driver, the truck renter, the maintenance company and the cargo owner
- The insurance company and the jury need to have a full comprehension of the injuries and the impact of those injuries on daily life
A high level of investigation can reveal all the sources of liability in a truck accident. And a thorough history of the victim’s injuries can document why the victim needs significant compensation.
By talking to the injured person, and the victim’s family, friends and employer, we will hear and document the injuries and their impact on the injured person. As experienced trial lawyers, we will share that story with a jury and ask for justice and fair compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These types of cases involve very sophisticated parties and because of this are often aggressively defended. Additionally, these types of cases often require an in-depth and independent investigation in order to establish fault. This involves an in-depth inspection into the driver’s driving logs, inspection logs, and truck load in order to determine if any state or federal regulations or safety standards were violated by the driver, his employer or the truck owner. It is important for you to hire an attorney immediately after you’ve been involved in a truck accident to ensure that no evidence is lost and all of the necessary parties are involved from the very beginning.
- The truck driver;
- the truck owner;
- the trailer owner;
- the company identified on the trailer; and
- in some cases even the company that was responsible for loading the contents of the trailer (if it contributed to the accident).
Semi trucks are involved in interstate commerce and are therefore subject to many state and federal regulations. Truck drivers and their vehicles are also subject to much higher safety standards. This is primarily because the sheer size of a semi truck makes it likely that any type of accident can have catastrophic results. It is for this reason that trucking companies are required to carry much higher insurance coverage. Any violation of the regulations or safety standards can be a basis for establishing fault and securing just compensation for your injuries.
Our goal for you—fair and just compensation
You can count on Sieben & Cotter to investigate your truck accident injury case and ask for the compensation you need. Contact us for a free consultation. There is no charge for a personal injury case until we make a recovery for you.
Call Sieben & Cotter at 651-455-1555 to arrange your free and comprehensive consultation, or send a request for more information.
The Sieben & Cotter Law office is located in South St. Paul, convenient to Minneapolis and St. Paul, and the Twin Cities metro area, also serving greater Minnesota.